Note that I am a beginner in my journey and these will not be amazingly inventive or advanced, but they are a snapshot of where I am at
This very website is the largest hand-coded HTML/CSS website I have ever made! (And the most radical!) I have learned a lot about how to make a website look the way I want it on multiple screen sizes and formats. I wanted to create a very "me", very 90s looking website in full standards compliant HTML5/CSS3. What's old is new again, right?
- Hand-coded HTML5/CSS3
- CSS Grid & Flexbox for positioning
- A multitide of custom CSS styling
This was the first website I ever worked on since learning HTML from AOL tutorials in the 90s. I felt way out of my elment but picked things up using a CSS framework called Pure. The website is definitely "still in beta" in my head, accesskey=" but IRL it's in production - it's being used for the local business I built it for! I also host the website on a VPS.
- Building a website quickly to client specification with a CSS framework
- Using server side includes to make site maintenance easier
- Building a responsive website that looks great on all devices
This was my first major object oriented program! I also spent a lot of time making the CLI interface really colorful and easy to use!
- Building user-friendly CLIs with Ruby with lots of input validation
- Object-oriented programming
- Using Ruby gems to perform tasks (like colorize text)